A physician liaison is a highly trained representative of a physician’s practice responsible for growing local doctor referrals and physician relations. Physician liaisons help private practice physicians connect with referring doctors and expand their local healthcare network.
Atlanta Cancer Care (ACC) is looking to fill the role of physician liaison for our southern market, specifically the Rockdale, Newton, DeKalb and Henry County areas.
Physician Liaison Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishing a high level of ACC brand and physician recognition in the market through educating physicians in the market about our practice, providing information on ACC clinical programs and services, clinical trials, as well as the introduction of physicians and APPs to primary care, surgeons and other subspecialists.
- Responsible for growing new patient referral volume in the markets.
- Strategically identify referral physicians to facilitate introductions to ACC physicians with a focus on building ACC’s business in the southern market. Initiate contact resulting in meetings between referral physicians and/or APPs.
- Effective in identifying or creating business opportunities, and working with referral physician administrators (offices) and physicians to collaborate introductions to ACC physicians.
- Must be able to demonstrate fundamental knowledge of marketing and sales, conducting marketing calls to doctors’ offices – drop off brochures, information, copies of patient’s satisfaction scores, and conducts customer service calls.
- Assists with the coordination of physician related events and special programs, including community outreach events and physician or pharmacy sponsored dinners.
- Develops and manages new relationships with referral physician and his/her office staff.
- Ability to track and communicate outcomes of monthly work/contacts and to measure success factors. Including ability to create and maintain a network outreach log and client contact analytics.
- To increase business volume, manage scope of physician activities, coordinates efforts, and facilitates communication.
- Is persistent in overcoming objections, while identifying and following through with opportunities.
- Stays within allocated budget, appropriately manages and reports monthly activities and associated cost.
- Ensures body of work contributes to revenue generation for the market and for ACC overall.
Physician Liaison Qualifications
- Must be energetic, goal oriented, self-starter with excellent people communication and business development skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills and sales background and experience.
- Minimum of 50 % local travel required (local). Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Site visits often require hosting breakfast, lunch or dinner meetings
- Responds quickly to issues identified by physicians, skillful in communicating to the appropriate Administrator(s), helping with issue resolution and responding back to the physicians in timely manner.
- Is persistent in overcoming objections, while identifying and following through with opportunities. Must be an experienced problem solver.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and take direction in a matrixed work environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing, or Health Science required, and two or more years’ health care or sales experience required.
Master’s degree in business, marketing or a related field preferred.