An Update from Atlanta Cancer Care – December 2020
TO OUR PATIENTS:
Atlanta Cancer Care (ACC) has remained open at all 7 locations during this pandemic. We strive to provide vital care and treatment to those who need it most. We continue to follow all CDC guidelines for screening, cleaning, and social distancing with our patients and staff. ACC offers telehealth visits, which keeps patients safely at home when possible.
We will still take extra steps to ensure the safety of our patients. These extra steps will carry on over the next several weeks to months. When visiting us you will notice:
- We screen all of our staff and providers each day, prior to the start of their work shift.
- All staff are required to wear masks while in patient care areas.
- All patients are screened by phone prior to their scheduled visit at ACC.
- All patients are screened again at the door before coming in to the clinic.
- All patients are masked upon entering the clinic. This is to protect everyone.
- All infusion chairs and exam rooms are cleaned between uses.
- High traffic areas within the clinic will remain closed (i.e. hospitality areas).
- We pride ourselves on good hand hygiene. If you do not see someone perform hand hygiene, please ask! Any staff member will gladly do it again to ensure your comfort.
- Visitors will not be able to enter the clinic. This is to help limit exposure and maintain required social distancing for all people in the clinic.
- There will be less patients in the clinic. This is partly due to the use of telehealth visits. Many regular office visits can now be done from the comfort of your home. If you would like to learn more or see if you can schedule this type of visit, please contact the office.
- Lab draw sites are in place to help prevent a large number of patients from being in the same location at the same time. The use of these sites helps make the most of your time when you see your provider.
The safety of our patients and staff remains our priority. We look forward to starting some of our regular practices again when it is deemed safe. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this very difficult time. As always, thank you for entrusting ACC with your care.