As one of the fastest-growing healthcare institution in the Southeast, Northside Hospital offers unmatched resources for all those we serve – especially our employees. We encourage you to explore and embrace every possibility to grow your career right along with us.
The Registered Professional Nurse at Northside Hospital independently plans and provides professional nursing care to patients in accordance with physician orders and established guidelines, and in accordance with the scope of practice as defined by the Georgia Nurse Practice Act.
Infusion Registered Nurses are primarily responsible for administration of Chemotherapy on an outpatient basis. Our Registered Nurses are highly knowledgeable and competent in chemotherapy and immunotherapy administration, patient assessment, symptom management, and patient education. These nurses are skilled in conducting on-going and critical patient assessments, while enjoying an autonomous work environment. Additionally, Infusion RN’s request precertification, order medication, perform medication calculations, and access IV’s/Ports and or start new access. Our Infusion Nurses have the opportunity to build lasting and supportive relationships with our patients and their family members. We are committed to providing highly compassionate and patient-centered Cancer Treatment.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a RN in the State of Georgia in good standing without limitations.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of full-time experience as a RN post-orientation or post-residency training.
3. Certified in American Heart Association’s Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
1. BSN degree preferred
2. National Certification in Clinical Specialty preferred
3. Other preferred RN attributes are unit specific. Please refer to the specific clinical unit.
|Education Required:||Associates Degree|
|Experience Required:||1-3 years|