As one of the fastest-growing healthcare institution in the Southeast, Northside Hospital offers unmatched resources for all those we serve – especially our employees. We encourage you to explore and embrace every possibility to grow your career right along with us.
The Registered Professional Nurse at Northside Hospital independently plans and provides professional nursing care to patients in accordance with physician orders and established guidelines, and in accordance with the scope of practice as defined by the Georgia Nurse Practice Act.
Hall Registered Nurses work closely with their assigned Oncologist and assist in caring for that provider’s patient population. Day to day responsibilities include reviewing the patients plan of care, assisting with necessary referrals, scheduling appointments for treatment and requesting precertification and preauthorization. Additionally, the Hall RN will review lab values, send prescriptions to retail pharmacies and maintain accurate dose records. The Hall RN will offer nurse visits, provide the necessary patient education, and triage patient calls and calls from partner facilities (Infusion Center, IP Oncology, and NSH). Our Hall Nurses have the opportunity to build lasting and supportive relationships with our patients and their family members, and to serve as a liaison between patients and their providers. We are committed to providing highly compassionate, and patient-centered Cancer Treatment.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed as a RN in the State of Georgia in good standing without limitations.
- Minimum of two (2) years of full-time experience as a RN post-orientation or post-residency training.
- Previous Oncology experience required.
- Certified in American Heart Association’s Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS).
- BSN degree preferred
- National Certification in Clinical Specialty preferred
- Other preferred RN attributes are unit specific. Please refer to the specific clinical unit.
|Education Required:||Associates Degree|
|Experience Required:||1-3 years|