Atlanta Cancer Care physicians are enrolled as specialist providers with a number of managed care and other insurance organizations, as well as Medicare and Medicaid. As a courtesy to our patients, we file primary and secondary insurance claims. Patients receive a monthly statement if they are responsible for any part of the balance of the claim.
Click here for doctor specific insurance plans
We are honored you are considering Atlanta Cancer Care for your healthcare needs. It is your responsibility to know and follow the guidelines of your managed care plan or other insurance policy. As a healthcare consumer, it is important that you read your insurance benefits book carefully and become familiar with what your plan requires in order to cover your various medical claims. We will work with you to follow all managed care guidelines. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to make sure your carrier's guidelines are being met. If the managed care guidelines are not followed, you, the patient, may be held responsible for payment.
If you are covered by a managed care plan, you will often be required by the insurance company to pay a co-payment at the time of service. The insurance company determines the co-pay amount, and we are required by our contract with them to collect it.
If you are enrolled in Medicare (and are not part of one of the Medicare Managed Care programs) we are obligated by law to attempt to collect your co-insurance. Medicare will pay 80% of allowed charges, and expects you to pay the other 20% (called co-insurance). If you have MediGap insurance, it will pay this 20%. You are also expected to pay a deductible at the beginning of the year.
If you do not have medical insurance or have inadequate insurance there are programs and payment plans available to help with medical care. Please contact the financial counselor at (404) 851-2362 for details regarding financial assistance. For any questions concerning refunds or cancellation of payment, please contact our Business Office at 404-419-1159.
Again, we thank you for considering Atlanta Cancer Care for your healthcare needs. We hope this information has been helpful. Atlanta Cancer Care is committed to working with you and your insurance company (or other reimbursement source) to provide quality, cost-effective care.